Pages

Thursday 5 January 2017

Week 3 - Weekly Activity Day 3 (Activity 2)

Activity 2
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\WOMAD logo.jpg
Source: http://www.portableroadways.com/countdown-to-womad/
Every year there is a huge music festival held in New Plymouth, New Zealand. It is called WOMAD. WOMAD stands for ‘World of Music, Arts and Dance.’ The festival began in 1980 and there are WOMAD festivals held every year in Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Spain, Italy and The United Arab Emirates. They attract singers and performers from all around the world. Imagine that you are on the WOMAD organising committee for next year. Which two musicians/bands would you invite to perform? On your blog tell us the names of the two musicians/bands and tell us a bit about them. Where are they from? What kind of music do they play?


Who I'll Pick:
Image result for one directionNOMAD
One Direction
Where are they from?
The NOMAD band Are From New Zealand,Christchurch.
One Direction Come from the USA.
What kind of music do they play?
One direction likes to play pop, country and many more and
NOMAD likes to play country and more.

One Direction :
Image result for nomad bandOne direction is a all boys band. There were 7 of them until one of them left which was Zayn. The One direction became famous because of the X Factor. They have so much girl fans and they have so many cool and awesome songs.

NOMAD :
The NOMAD is a all boy band as well as One direction. The NOMAD band comes from the UK. They play so much good song and one of there popular songs in New Zealand was Oh My My.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stanley,

    Great choices for WOMAD. I think that it's quite fitting that one of the two bands that you chose has a name that is almost identical to the WOMAD name ('NOMAD').

    When you first recommend NOMAD I wasn't sure that I had ever heard of them, however, I googled the song, 'Oh, my my' and I realised that I had heard it a number of times over the past year. It's really catchy!

    Many of the songs by One Direction are also really good and easy to listen to, aren't they? My son, Aronui, loves the song called 'Story of My Life' by One Direction. I think that he knows all of the words off by heart!

    Great suggestions for WOMAD, Stanley. I like your style :-)

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.