Pages

Friday 6 January 2017

Week 3 - Weekly Activity Day 5 (Activity 1)

Activity 1
When you walk into the local gallery, the first piece of artwork that you see is a painting by Wassily Kandinsky called ‘Swinging.’
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Swinging by Wassily.jpg
http://www.wassilykandinsky.net/work-251.php
While you are looking at it, a staff member at the gallery comes up to you and asks you for your opinion of the painting. What do you think of it?
On your blog please tell us:
  1. What do you think of this painting? Do you like it?
  2. If you could buy it and give it to someone, who would you choose?
If it was me, I would give it to my sister because she really likes bright, bold colours and abstract pictures.


Image result for painting clipart


What I'd Think of this painting? & Would I Like It?:
1.I would think that this is a piece good painting, I like the nice bright colours and all different shapes that are painted. I
2. I like this, because I think, I can see a figure of a person painting and paintings like this can have any meaning.
If you would but it and give it to someone, who would you choose?
I would choose my sister in law Debra, because she works with gallery, art and etc.,

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Stanley!

    I'm Mark, a teacher working on the Summer Learning Journey. I was just having a browse through the blogs and came across this post! It is actually very good and I am glad you recognise the style as abstract, as Kandinsky was a pioneer of that style.

    It sounds like your sister-in-law has taught you a lot about art and you're right to like it for your own reasons. I really like bright bold colours and whenever I see an abstract like this one, I enjoy playing with what it looks like.

    I hope you're enjoying your holidays and am looking forward to seeing more of your blogs soon.

    Keep up the great work!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stanley
    I also really like that painting. The painter must be very talented. Keep up the good work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.